My sister and I have suddenly been enveloped in a whirlwind of Middle Earth wonderfullness, and it feels so good. Just had to share some very exciting blog-things going on either right now or very shortly:
1) First off, Charity at "Confessions of an INFJ" is hosting a giveaway of her new book "Watching The Lord of the Rings With God," and, by the looks of it, this book is going to be pretty amazing, stringing together various perspectives and Christian themes she's discovered and expounded upon over the years. Very much looking forward to this.
2) Starting next Friday and running all the way through the month of November, Kiri Liz and Miss Melody Muffin are kicking off a 30-Day-Middle-Earth-Blog-Challenge! Each day, a number of different blogs will be posting their responses to that day's Middle Earth opinion question, and then there will be a big link-up at the end of the month! I'll be participating (or trying to, anyway), and maybe even ask my sister, Rosy, to share some of her input as well. Since I'm not so sure about flooding my blog post count with 30 short Middle Earth posts, I'm going to try and post each day with everyone else, but after that particular day, sanction the post to a very big, cumulative Challenge post, that will be visible below. Anyone else that might be interested in taking part can check out this link for more info. You don't even need a blog to join! =)
3) Also Hamlette at The Edge of the Precipice has been hosting a read-along of The Lord of the Rings, complete with discussion of each chapter. Very very fun stuff! If you're interested in finding out more, there's plenty of information on it over here and here. Never too late to join! (I'm just catching up myself!)
With all of these happenings, and the new trailer for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug that came out a few weeks ago, Tolkien has definitely been on the brain at our house lately. Really enjoying finally reading The Lord of the Rings for the first time (though I am ashamed it took me this long to finally put down The Hobbit and pick up the Trilogy); and if this keeps going like it has the past few days, I have a sneaking suspicion there will be no shortage of Tolkien-related posts here in the near future. We'll just have to see how that goes!


No comments:
Post a Comment