<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11563829/?claim=je837sfjpg6">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
...and joined Blog Lovin. Now they're telling me I need to "paste this text into a new blog post" to "claim my blog." But this does look suspiciously like an html code for a button or something... If this post doesn't work, maybe adding it as a gadget will.
The things we do for other websites.
(I've also joined Good Reads this weekend. Alarmingly fun, that site; like Netflix... for books... only without the streaming or DVD service. Handy to keep track of... stuff. Like my potential Classics Club reading list.)
(Since I need some motivation to actually keep up with reading the classics, I'm considering participating in The Classics Club. Does anyone have any experience with this? How easy or difficult is it to get involved?)
I'm finally getting familiar with sites all the bloggers I read have been using for a good long while; and t'would seem I've been missing out. =)
We'll see how this goes.
5 comments:
I joined Bloglovin' a while back, and just pasted the text into a junk post, posted it, claimed my blog, then deleted it. I think it has to do with them not wanting people claim blogs that aren't theirs?
Anyway, I just joined the Classics Club myself, and it's rather daunting, isn't it? Fifty classics (or more) in five years! And you have to have a list made up before you join! But you can change the list at any time, to add or subtract titles, and they allow re-reads, so I think I can pull it off. They have a monthly prompt for those who want to participate, and other fun stuff going on. I'm psyched!
That definitely makes sense. I wonder if they've gotten into any trouble like that before! Sounds like it could get very sticky very quickly.
Have to admit, I had seen the classics club floating around various blogs for years, but it wasn't until you posted that monthly prompt that I actually realized what it was! Very daunting indeed... For me, I think the biggest challenge will be getting around to actually reading the books and staying on track. Love classic books, and I feel very guilty about not having read a number of the very famous ones, but I'm terrible when it comes to reading pace. Hoping for a fresh start with the club's activities (and flexibility, like you mentioned), and the kindle's motivation features (only two minutes left in the chapter? Eh... why not?!) =)
Hooray for 5-year plans!
I read a LOT of classics, but there are some that I keep feeling like I should read them, but never get around to them, so I'm hoping this helps with that. Plus, the prompts are kind of fun, and they do little challenges and stuff that I might participate in sometimes.
I didn't know the Kindle had that kind of timing feature! Nifty. My mom has a Kindle, but I've only read one short story on it. It was nice, but I prefer paper.
Good luck making your Classics Club decision!
Oi. Lots of classics are really difficult to just start. (David Copperfield? Someday...)
I still have mixed feelings about the Kindle and what it might do for the print economy; really don't know what the statistics have been in that area. Personally, the Kindle's been really convenient so far for accessing public-domain books (including many many classics) instantly. And the custom font is also a blessing. But in the long run, come Armageddon, the Kindle is only as good as it's battery life. Print can't be beat there. =)
(I do belive not all Kindles have that timing feature, but it certainly is handy.)
Finalizing my list for The Classics Club! Looking forward to it. =)
I'm too in love with my printed books, though if I had a commute or traveled a lot, I would probably get a Kindle. And then buy Kindle version of a lot of books I already have, lol.
Looking forward to your list!
Post a Comment