Most of the blogs I follow have been very excited of late regarding the currently-running "Literary Heroine Blog Party" at Accordion to Kellie, and even though it's very late in the game I just had to join the fun! There's an absolutely marvelous giveaway going on right now, an open linky-list, and a very long, very fun tag to boot. Since I've been taking too long to answer the tag, and it's been growing much too long, I'm going to go ahead and post the tag in two portions. Part two comes first: (for reasons that certainly aren't interesting enough to divulge.)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
![]() |
| "Fog Mist" by Eyvind Earle |
14) Describe your ideal dwelling place.
15) Sum up your fashion style in a short sentence:
"Why can't this have a hood?"
"Why can't this have a hood?"
16) Have you ever wanted to change a character’s name?
Dear Miss Fanny Price... It's so unfortunate English slang has taken the route it has. All this talk of fannies and fanny packs is quite tragic. It would probably tickle Mary Crawford silly.
Dear Miss Fanny Price... It's so unfortunate English slang has taken the route it has. All this talk of fannies and fanny packs is quite tragic. It would probably tickle Mary Crawford silly.
17) In your opinion, the most dastardly villain of all literature is...
Oi. That's unfair. There's Richard III (had 12 people killed, many his close family members, just so he could be king!) Iago from Othello, (tricked Othello into murdering his wife just because he could) and Mary Crawford (not going to go into that,) but the one villain I'm truly disturbed by is the "Unman" from C.S. Lewis' Perelandra. This character comes to represent a sort of satan figure in the second Eden, set on the planet Venus. He and the book's protagonist have a number of long theological conversations, and over time we see him starting to tempt "Eve" very carefully and methodically, by using mostly-truths with a small, very slight perversion. It's scary.
Oi. That's unfair. There's Richard III (had 12 people killed, many his close family members, just so he could be king!) Iago from Othello, (tricked Othello into murdering his wife just because he could) and Mary Crawford (not going to go into that,) but the one villain I'm truly disturbed by is the "Unman" from C.S. Lewis' Perelandra. This character comes to represent a sort of satan figure in the second Eden, set on the planet Venus. He and the book's protagonist have a number of long theological conversations, and over time we see him starting to tempt "Eve" very carefully and methodically, by using mostly-truths with a small, very slight perversion. It's scary.
18) Three favorite Non-fiction books?
I could only think of two... must be too far into the black hole of fiction right now!
1) Among the Janeites: A Journey Through the World of Jane Austen Fandom - Deborah Yaffe
2) I Kissed Dating Goodbye - Joshua Harris (No matter what you think of Harris' methods, the mindset they're based on is definitely an excellent one.)
I could only think of two... must be too far into the black hole of fiction right now!
1) Among the Janeites: A Journey Through the World of Jane Austen Fandom - Deborah Yaffe
2) I Kissed Dating Goodbye - Joshua Harris (No matter what you think of Harris' methods, the mindset they're based on is definitely an excellent one.)
19) Your duties met for the day, how would you choose to spend a carefree summer afternoon?
I have a love/hate relationship with summer. I'd probably try to stay as cool as possible with cold sodas (I have a love/hate relationship with those, too.)
I have a love/hate relationship with summer. I'd probably try to stay as cool as possible with cold sodas (I have a love/hate relationship with those, too.)
20) Create a verbal sketch of your dream hat - in such a way as will best portray your true character.
I'll admit, I don't think about hats all that much. So I actually hit Pinterest to see how many different hats there were that I was, apparently blanking out on. Then I found this little thing. I don't know if this really represents my "true character," or just my odd fashion sense. It's a serious color, that'll go with a lot, but it also has flecks of color here and there that you could really play up in an outfit... if you wanted to. It's casual, and hopefully more timeless than trendy. The texture adds a little hint of character when it's wanted. And...(this definitely isn't pertinent,) it looks like it would go through the wash nicely.
I'll admit, I don't think about hats all that much. So I actually hit Pinterest to see how many different hats there were that I was, apparently blanking out on. Then I found this little thing. I don't know if this really represents my "true character," or just my odd fashion sense. It's a serious color, that'll go with a lot, but it also has flecks of color here and there that you could really play up in an outfit... if you wanted to. It's casual, and hopefully more timeless than trendy. The texture adds a little hint of character when it's wanted. And...(this definitely isn't pertinent,) it looks like it would go through the wash nicely.
22) Share the most significant event(s) that have marked your life in the past year.
Between starting a blog, busy school schedules, brand new social circles (online and off,) and a long journey through some health problems, the past year has been quite a ride. I think if you'd describe it to me a year ago I'd be pretty alarmed, just for how different life has been. I've relished opportunities and struggled through stress like I've never had before. Hanging on, by the grace of God!
Between starting a blog, busy school schedules, brand new social circles (online and off,) and a long journey through some health problems, the past year has been quite a ride. I think if you'd describe it to me a year ago I'd be pretty alarmed, just for how different life has been. I've relished opportunities and struggled through stress like I've never had before. Hanging on, by the grace of God!
23) Share the Bible passage(s) that have been most inspiring to you recently.
There are a few threads of passages my small group has been looking at recently (especially 1 Corinthians 3,) but I don't feel at all adequate to do them justice. One of my fallback scriptures had been John chapter 1. I love how it coincides with Genesis 1 and 1st John 1. Beautiful truths.
In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
He was with God in the beginning.
All things were created through Him,
and apart from Him not one thing was created
that has been created.
Life was in Him,
and that life was the light of men.
That light shines in the darkness,
yet the darkness did not overcome it.
- John 1:5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part one of this tag can be found here, continue if you dare.


4 comments:
Enjoyed reading your answers! ...and looking forward to "Part 1"! ;)
I linked over from Kellie's page and I like your explanation for your dislike of Fanny Price's name. :) It made me giggle.
I've heard good things about "Among the Janeites." Looking forward to part 1 when it arrives!
By the way, I nominated you for the Sunflower Blogger Award. Read my post here to learn more. Play if you want to!
Thanks so much for the kind words, ladies! Can't wait to start exploring the other blogs once my schedule frees up this week. =)
Part one can now be found here:
http://rubydanderfluff.blogspot.com/2014/03/tag-part-one-literary-heroine-blog-party.html
Such a shame Jane couldn't have known that "Fanny" might have been a bad idea. The Doctor needs to get over there or.. something.
"Among the Janeites" was a very fun read, though there were a few things I skipped over briefly (there are some *very* strange Janeites out there.) It's neat to see so many different interpretations of Jane's writing, and different incarnations of the fandom. Very fun.
Very excited about the Sunflower Award! Thanks so much. =D
Post a Comment