Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Whittling Down the Social Media Platforms (Updates)


Source

     For the past few months I've been wrestling over just how many accounts in just how many social media platforms I want/need/feel-compelled to use in my blogging habits.  It started with Pinterest, really.  Then this blog was born, which was followed by a Goodreads profile, two Tumblr blogs, a Facebook profile, another blogger blog, and even a Twitter (what the heck was I thinking there?)  And don't even get me started on Google Plus.  I guess this has was spurred by the fact that I don't have as much time these days for full-sized blog posts, but I still want to be active online.  The difficulty was in figuring out the best way to streamline everything so that each account is maximized and everything is organized into a nice OCD-friendly system.  And I think I've finally got it.  So from here on out, you can find me on:

  • We'll See How This Goes (Blogger.)  Home sweet home.  This blog will hopefully continue to consist of the more thorough text-based posts that kind of fall into the mainstream blogging category.  Media reviews, blog tags, contemplations, ect.  The bulkier stuff will be here at home base.
  • We'll See How This Goes - The Tumblr Edition (Tumblr.)  This is my main Tumblr blog that, up until now, I've stashed with my growing quote collection.  But after a while I wanted to have a place to post thoughts/updates too small for a blogger post, as well as re-blog all the awesomesauce that is Tumblr.  SO, after much hair-pulling, I've decided to use WSHTGTTE for said content and instead transfer my quote collection over to...
  • Don't Quote me on Dat (Tumblr.)  I got yet another Tumblr.  On the internet (and elsewhere) you find a lot of quotes and such.  This is where I'll be stashing those.  All quotes all the time.
  • Pinterest.  Because there are so many uses for Pinterest, it's ridiculous.  I use it for a lot of stuff, from art (lots of art,) links to articles, photography, info-graphics, memes, tips, tricks, the works.
  • Goodreads.  Because it's a great source for finding new books, sharing books with other folks, and keeping track of your own reads.  Like Netflix and Facebook combined - for books!
     Please feel free to follow or like or add or what-have-you on any of these platforms; I love meeting/getting to know new people!  Also, I've deleted or will be deleting the other accounts scattered across the web (Twitter included.)  Till next time, blog on folks!

6 comments:

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

I got a Twitter account once and played with it for about three days and gave up because I just don't have time.

I have a Tumblr account only because I wanted to request something from someone else.

I have a Goodreads account but I'm almost never there. No time!

And I try to limit my Pinterest time to once a week cuz... rabbit hole. But very useful. I'll check yours out!

Ruby Danderfluff said...

The rabbit holes we jump down. I just have to marvel from time to time at just how much time they suck out of the day. Can't deny that they can be immensely useful though. Ah well. =)

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

I tagged you here. Play if you want to :-)

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

BTW, I've nominated you for the Blogger Recognition Award -- details are here :-)

Ruby Danderfluff said...

Hey Hamlette, apologies for the hiatus/radio silence! Thanks so much for the tags; they look like a blast. Looking forward to taking a stab at them! =D

Hamlette (Rachel) said...

Not a problem! Life gets busy :-) I assure you I wasn't chewing my nails wondering when you'd ever respond, hee.